Solar Pool Control System - Pentair Controller and Accessories
Pentair Solar Pool Controller Kit
The Pentair SolarTouch® Solar Control System offers full digital control for the most precise, efficient, swimming pool heating possible. The digital thermostat is set with the touch of a button and will monitor the temperature of the pool water and solar collectors. SolarTouch® Control System integrates with IntelliFlo and IntelliPro Variable Speed pumps for unparalleled efficiency.
- The Auto Controller will divert the water to the solar panels when there is sufficient solar energy to capture and turn it off when there are no more solar gains available or needed.
- Partially sunny or rainy days are not a problem.
- Rushing home in the evening to shut off the valve to the panels before it cools the pool too much is no longer a worry.
- Whether to turn the system on or off over a weekend is all decided by the Auto Controller.
- An additional benefit is that the solar panels are still able to draw heat from the roof 3 or 4 hours after the sun has left the panels. This is something it would not have been figured out without the roof sensor.
- You will be always confident that the Auto Controller is doing the best possible job to maximise the solar energy available to heat your swimming pool.
- 3-year vendor warranty
The standard automatic solar pool heating controller kit contains:
- 1pc - Pentair SolarTouch controller
- 1pc - 3-way valve (2in. ports without check valve)
- 1pc - Pentair Compool 180 deg. rotation 24VAC actuator
- 1pc - roof sensor
- 1pc - water sensor
In addition to the items included in the standard kit we add the following to aid in the installation:
- 1 - power cord with plug (9ft. long)
- 25 meters (80ft) - sensor wire (to connect to the roof sensor)
- 3 - 2" to 1.5" PVC reducer bushings, schedule 40 (for systems with 1.5" plumbing)
- 2 - 3M Wire Connectors (suitable for outdoors)
N.B: This kit does not ship with a power cord.
Other Solar Control System benefits
- Power Center/Control Panel lets you set your pool temperature and solar temperature differentials with the touch of a button
- LCD display gives sharp, clear readings of water and solar collector temperatures
- It gives you the precision and reliability of full digital control
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) seal and rugged motorised actuator deliver years of maintenance-free operation
- LED indicator lights confirm that the SolarTouch® controller is working. Service indicator LED light indicates when attention is needed
- It can even be programmed to cool the pool if it gets warmer than the maximum set temperature; this is rarely a problem in northern states and Canada but it is in the southern US, Mexico and Central America
How the Solar Control System works
Whenever the sun offers enough energy for effective heating during the day, the SolarTouch® controller opens a motorised valve (3-way valve) and sends filtered water to your Enersol Pool Heaters.
The Enersol Pool Heaters are still able to draw heat from the roof after the sun has left the heaters. Thus, the solar control system will continue diverting the water through the solar heaters, warming up your pool for longer hours.
If temperatures drop during the day or in the evening with not enough energy for effective heating, the system shuts the motorised valve (3-way valve) to prevent cooling your pool. Whether to turn the system on or off is all decided by the controller.Set the digital thermostat and the SolarTouch® controller will monitor for effective heating!