TechnoSolis Solar Water Heating Pool Panel
Custom Sizes Pool Heating Panels are available in the following formats:
- 3x12' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS12-3
- 2x12' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS12-2
- 3x10' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS10-3
- 2x10' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS10-2
- 4x9' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS09
- 3x8' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS08-3
- 2x8' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS08-2
- 4x6' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS06
- 4x4.5' - Φ 1½” - Model Number C15TS04.5
A rule of thumb for sizing a TechnoSolis solar pool heating system:
Step 1: Determine the surface area of the pool.
Step 2: Determine the direction that the roof is facing (Solar Azimuth). The relationship between the direction of the roof and the size of the system is as follows:
- South (preferred direction in N. Hemisphere) – System should represent between 50 - 85% of the pool area.
- West - System should represent 60 - 100% of the pool area.
- East - System should represent 65 - 105% of the pool area.
Step 3: Decide which size panels you want. Panels are available in 4 x 8 (1.22m x 2.4m), 4 x 10 (1.22m x 3.1m) and 4 x 12 (1.22 x 3.7m). Divide by 32, 40, or 48 respectively to determine the number of panels needed. The average system size is 7 panels, and the most popular size is 1.5” header 4’ x 12’ (1.22 x 3.7m).
Example: Homeowner has 16’ x 32’ (4.9m x 9.8m) pool with a south facing roof and wants to use 4’ x 10’ (1.22m x 3.1m) panels:
- Pool Size – 4.9m x 9.8m = 156m pool area.
- 156m x .85 = 132.6m (the required solar system area)
- 1.22m x 3.1m = 12.2m per panel.
- 132.6m / 12.2m = 10.87 or 11 panels needed.